- Cloud-based connected buildings service draws from the collective power of Internet of Things technologies, mobile applications, and Honeywell’s service engineers
- Smart services suite taps building connectivity to prioritze maintenance activities to optimize facility performance and reduce cost
Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today introduced a new cloud-enabled building management service that prioritizes the most impactful maintenance activities to optimize building performance.
Combining advanced automation and data analytics, Outcome Based Service enables Honeywell service engineers to watch building assets around the clock, identifying anomalies faster than traditional maintenance, saving them time and money.
Also Read: 5 WIRELESS GADGETS THAT DEFINE OUR WORLD
Without close monitoring, energy consumption can drift by up to 7 percent annually. The service taps building connectivity and sensors to ensure that building equipment is performing at its best. Early pilots show reduction in energy spend and reactive service calls.
“Data provides valuable insights about building health if you have the right combination of technology and expertise to efficiently gather and analyze it,” said Aseem Joshi, regional general manager of Honeywell Building Solutions in India. “With Outcome Based Service, Honeywell makes the most of internet connectivity to essentially listen to what a connected building has to say, providing actionable insights to improve performance. Instead of repeatedly reviewing a time-consuming checklist, the Honeywell Outcome Based Service optimizes efficiency and tracks performance real time.”
Outcome Based Service provides the following actionable insights:
- Real-Time Analytics – Honeywell’s analytics evaluates facility data real-time to find issues faster, improve performance and efficiency, decreasing maintenance time.
- Dynamic Tasking – Instead of routine scheduled inspections, analytics prioritize maintenance of higher-impact activities, mitigating downtime and improving operational efficiencies.
- Performance Dashboards and Reports – The easy-to-use, cloud-based interface monitors building performance against an organization’s Key Performance Indicators.
- Lifecycle Management – An actionable roadmap with predictable costs keeps systems current and IT-compliant, providing efficient virus and patch updates.
- Continuous Service Improvement – Systematic reviews prevent and eradicate problems, reduce critical incidents and downtime.
Also Read: 10 Best Laptops Under Rs20,000
Honeywell’s Connected Services Portfolio
Outcome Based Service is the latest addition to Honeywell’s growing Connected Services portfolio. Other than the Outcome Based Service, Honeywell’s connected services portfolio includes the Honeywell Vector Occupant app for improving occupant experiences, and Honeywell Pulse™ for Connected Buildings, an app that forges a real-time link between facility and engineering staff and their buildings to help boost productivity and performance.
About Honeywell Home and Building Technologies
Honeywell Building Solutions is a part of Honeywell Home and Building Technologies (HBT), a global business with more than 44,000 employees worldwide. HBT is a leader in the Internet of Things (IoT) and creates products, software and technologies found in more than 150 million homes and 10 million buildings worldwide. We help homeowners stay connected and in control of their comfort, security and energy use. Commercial building owners and occupants use our technologies to ensure their facilities are safe, energy efficient, sustainable and productive. Our advanced metering hardware and software solutions help electricity, gas and water providers supply customers and communities more efficiently.
About Honeywell India
Also Read: Best Headphones Under Rs1,000
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 software-industrial company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace and automotive products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, cars, homes and buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. All of Honeywell’s global businesses have a strong legacy in India, built over the last eight decades. Honeywell’s India commitment is evident in seven state-of-the-art manufacturing and engineering operations, and five global centers of excellence for technology development and innovation. Honeywell employs close to 15,000 people across 50 locations including Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Madurai, Pune and Vadodara.